The management is fully aware that the work carried out by van Mechelen Recycling B.V. requires this care.
When building the company a lot of attention was paid to these aspects.
- The entire site has an impermeable concrete floor, with drains containing oil- and grease traps.
- There are monitoring drains installed to monitor soil quality
- Special arrangements are made for above ground fuel tanks
- Periodically a full acoustic research is performed in relation to noise
- A detection gate has been placed for use with radioactive material
The above measures are fully implemented in accordance with the requirements imposed by law on the Environment. Also the company can arrange for the necessary permits to transport the metals abroad.
Van Mechelen Recycling B.V. is ISO 14001 certified and has the MRF label.
We will be "CO2 Prestatieladder" level 4 certified by the end of this year.